If you are looking for a new beard trimmer, you may be feeling overwhelmed by all of the options available on the market, it can be difficult to determine which one is right for you.
In this step-by-step guide, we will help you choose the perfect beard trimmer for your needs.
Table of Contents
What is a Beard Trimmer?
A beard trimmer is a handheld device that is used to trim facial hair. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but all of them share one common goal: to help you achieve the perfect beard style.
Benefits of Trimming Your Beard
There are several benefits of trimming your beard. Here are a few:
- It will help keep your beard looking neat and tidy.
- It will make it easier to groom your beard.
- It will help keep your beard hair under control.
- Trimming your beard can also make it look fuller and thicker.
For The Best Beard Trimmers of 2022 – Click Here
How to Choose a Beard Trimmer
There are several factors you need to consider when choosing a beard trimmer:
Your Hair Type
The first thing you need to consider is your hair type. Beard trimmers come in two main varieties: wet and dry. Wet beard trimmers are designed to be used with water, while dry beard trimmers can be used either with or without water. If you have curly hair, you may want to choose a wet beard trimmer, as they are better at cutting through curly hair. If you have straight hair, a dry beard trimmer will work just fine.
Your Beard Length
The next thing you need to consider is your beard length. Some beard trimmers come with multiple length settings, while others only offer one or two lengths. Choose the beard trimmer that offers the length you need for your beard.
The next thing you need to consider is the type of blade. Beard trimmers come in two main varieties: rotary and foil.
Rotary beard trimmers are better for men with thick beards, while foil beard trimmers are better suited for those who have thinner beards. The reason behind this is that rotary blades tend to cut more deeply than foil blades, which is why they are better suited for thicker beards.
The next thing you need to consider is blade length. Beard trimmers come in different lengths, from half an inch to two inches long. The longer the blade, the more hair it will cut off at once. If you have a thick beard, you may want to choose a beard trimmer with a longer blade so that it can cut off more hair at once.
The next thing you need to consider is the power source. Beard trimmers come in two main varieties: battery-powered and corded.
- Battery-powered beard trimmers are more portable, but they require regular charging. Corded beard trimmers, on the other hand, can be used without needing to charge them.
- Corded beard trimmers do not require any charging, but you will be limited by the length of the cord.
Battery Recharge Time
The next thing you need to consider is the battery recharge time. Most beard trimmers come with a lithium-ion battery, which takes between one and two hours to fully charge. If you are in a hurry, you may want to choose a beard trimmer that has a shorter recharge time.
The next thing you need to consider is the noise level. Some beard trimmers are louder than others. If you do not want to wake up your partner or children, you may want to choose a beard trimmer that has a lower noise level.
The next thing you need to consider is the charging station. Some beard trimmers have a separate charging station, while others come with a built-in charging cord that plugs into an outlet.
Charging stations are more convenient because they allow you to set your beard trimmer on it and let it charge itself while you sleep or do other things.
The final thing you need to consider is the warranty. Most beard trimmers come with a one- or two-year warranty. If something goes wrong with your beard trimmer, you can send it back to the manufacturer and they will fix or replace it.
Attachments and Accessories
Most beard trimmers come with a variety of attachments and accessories. These include:
- Cleaning Brush
- Comb attachment for trimming your sideburns or mustache
These extra items can help you get the perfect look. For example, if you have long hair on one side of your head and short hair on the other, you can use scissors to trim your long hair so that it is even with the short hair.
Size and Weight
The last thing you need to consider is the size and weight of the beard trimmer. Some beard trimmers are bulky and heavy, while others are smaller and lighter.
Choose the beard trimmer that is easiest for you to use. If you have a lot of hair on your body, you may want to choose a beard trimmer that is larger and heavier.
If you have less hair on your body, or if you are going to be traveling with your beard trimmer, you may want to choose a smaller and lighter beard trimmer.
The last thing you need to consider is the price. Beard trimmers are available in a wide range of prices, from less than $20 to more than $100.
Choose the beard trimmer that fits your budget and needs. If you are on a tight budget, there are many affordable beard trimmers available.
If you want the best possible quality, you may want to choose a more expensive beard trimmer.
What to Avoid When Buying a Beard Trimmer
When buying a beard trimmer, there are some things you should avoid. Here are a few:
- Avoid beard trimmers that require a lot of maintenance. These include cleaning the blades and oiling the motor.
- Avoid beard trimmers that are difficult to clean. These include those with a lot of nooks and crannies where hair can get trapped.
- Do not buy a beard trimmer that does not come with a warranty. If something goes wrong with the beard trimmer, you will need to send it back to the manufacturer for repair or replacement.
- Do not buy a beard trimmer that is too large or heavy. The last thing you want is a bulky and heavy beard trimmer that is difficult to use.
How To Use a Beard Trimmer
Now that you know what to look for when buying a beard trimmer, it is time to learn how to use it. Here are the steps:
- Wet your beard with warm water. This will help soften the hair and make it easier to trim.
- Choose the attachment you want to use. There are several different attachments available, including a comb for general trimming, scissors for detail work, and a trimmer for edging.
- Start trimming your beard. Be careful not to go too close to your skin or you may end up with a nick or cut.
- Trim the hair on your neck and cheeks. Be careful not to go too low or you may end up removing too much hair.
- Finish trimming your beard and mustache. Use the appropriate attachment for the desired length of your beard and mustache.
- Clean your beard trimmer when you are finished using it. This will help keep it in good condition.
- If you have long hair on one side of your head and short hair on the other, you can use scissors to trim your long hair so that it is even with the short hair.
How To Clean and Maintain Your Beard Trimmer
It is important that you take good care of your beard trimmer. This will help extend the life of the product and also ensure that it performs at its best. Here are some tips for cleaning and maintaining your beard trimmer:
- Clean your beard trimmer after each use. Use a toothbrush to remove any hair from the blades, and then rinse the trimmer with warm water.
- Oil your beard trimmer every few months. This will help keep the blades sharp and in good condition.
- Store your beard trimmer in a safe place when not in use. Do not leave it out in the sun or in a humid environment, as this can damage the product.
How to Trim a Beard with Scissors
If you want to trim your beard with scissors, there are a few things you need to know. Here are the steps:
- Wet your beard with warm water. This will help soften the hair and make it easier to trim.
- Comb your beard so that all of the hair is in one direction. This will help you see where the hair is long and short.
- Trim any stray hairs that are sticking out from your beard with scissors. Be careful not to cut too deep or you may end up cutting your skin.
- Comb your beard again to make sure there are no more stray hairs sticking out of it.
- Finish trimming your beard by using the appropriate attachment on your beard trimmer. This will give you a more even trim.
Now that you know how to choose the perfect beard trimmer for you, and how to use it correctly, it is time to get started. Remember, the best way to learn is by doing. Practice makes perfect!
Q. How often should I trim my beard?
A. You should trim your beard as often as you feel is necessary to keep it looking neat and tidy. If you only want to do it once a week, then go for it! If you are the type of person who likes to change things up every now and again, then by all means, trim it more often!
Q. What is the best attachment for my beard trimmer?
A. The best attachment will depend on your preference and what you want to use it for. If you just need a quick trim every now and again, then a comb is all you need; however, if you are looking to sculpt and style your beard, then you may need to use scissors or a trimmer.
Q. Can I trim my mustache with my beard trimmer?
A. Yes, you can trim your mustache with a beard trimmer by using the appropriate attachment. Be sure to be careful when doing so, as it is easy to cut too close to the skin and cause irritation.
Q. What is the best way to clean my beard trimmer?
A. The best way to clean your beard trimmer is by using a toothbrush to remove any hair from the blades and then rinsing it with warm water. You can also oil it every few months to keep the blades sharp and in good condition.
Q. Where should I store my beard trimmer?
A. You should store your beard trimmer in a safe place when not in use. Do not leave it out in the sun or in a humid environment, as this can damage the product.
Q. How can I make my beard look thicker?
A. The best way to make your beard look thicker is by trimming it evenly with a trimmer or scissors. Be careful not to cut too deep, though, as you may end up cutting your skin.