The handlebar mustache is a timeless and iconic facial hair style that men have worn for centuries. It is characterized by long, thick mustache hairs that are curled and styled into a handlebar shape.
If you’re considering growing a handlebar mustache, you should know a few things about how to style, care for, and rock this classic look.
In this guide, we’ll cover all the essentials to help you pull off a perfectly groomed handlebar mustache.
Table of Contents
Different handlebar mustache styles
Before you start growing your handlebar mustache, you’ll need to decide on the style that best suits your face. From a classic look to an extravagant flair, there are many different styles of handlebar mustaches to choose from. The most common styles include:
- Traditional Handlebar: A classic and timeless style with thick straight hair that is curled outward at the tips.
- Circus Handlebar: A more flamboyant style, with extra-long and curved hairs reaching up to the eyes.
- English Handlebar: A shorter and sleeker variation with thick ends that are pointed upward toward the temples.
- Western Handlebar: A modern take that is shorter on the sides and thicker at the center.
Growing a handlebar mustache
Now that you’ve picked your style, it’s time to start growing out your facial hair. Growing any type of mustache can take some patience – especially handlebar mustaches which require even more attention and care to maintain their shape.
To get started, trim your mustache to a uniform length and use the longest guard on your trimmer for more control. Then, let your facial hair grow for at least 6-8 weeks before you start shaping it into its handlebar shape.
How To Trim and Style
- Comb your mustache thoroughly to remove any knots or tangles.
- Using the scissors, trim any stray hairs that are outside of the desired shape of your mustache.
- If you have a beard trimmer with a guard, use it to evenly trim the hair to your desired length. If you don’t have a beard trimmer, you can use scissors to trim the hair to the desired length.
- Comb your mustache again to distribute the hair evenly.
- Using a small amount of mustache wax, twist the ends of your mustache into the desired shape. You can use a hair dryer to heat the wax and make it easier to shape the mustache.
- To maintain the shape of your handlebar mustache, you will need to trim and wax it regularly. This will help keep the hair from growing out of control and ensure that your mustache always looks perfect.
Growing and styling a handlebar mustache is not as intimidating as it may seem. With the right tools, proper care, and regular maintenance, you can easily rock this classic facial hair style. So don’t forget to give your handlebar mustache the attention it deserves! Good luck!
Q: How long does it take to grow a handlebar mustache?
A: Growing a handlebar mustache will take time and patience. On average, you should expect to wait up to 6-8 weeks before your facial hair can be shaped into the desired style.
Q: What is the best way to shape a handlebar mustache?
A: The best way to shape a handlebar mustache is by using scissors and a small amount of mustache wax. Comb your facial hair thoroughly, trim any stray hairs, and then use the wax to twist the ends into the desired shape. A hairdryer can be used to heat the wax for easier styling.
Q: How often should I trim and wax my handlebar mustache?
A: You should trim and wax your handlebar mustache regularly to maintain its shape. Depending on the rate of your hair growth, you may need to do this every few weeks or even more frequently. It’s important to keep up with regular maintenance in order to keep your mustache looking its best.
• Mustache Grooming Tips for Beginners
• How to Trim and Shape Your Beard
• The Best Products for Men’s Facial Hair Care
• How To Choose The Right Beard Style For You
• What Are the Benefits of Having a Mustache?
• How to Choose the Right Mustache Style for Your Face Shape
• 10 Famous Men Who Rock The Handlebar Mustache