If you’re like most guys, you’ve been there before. You’re just starting to grow a beard, and it’s looking pretty patchy and thin.
You’re not sure if you should keep going or just shave it all off. This is what we call the Awkward Beard Phase.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to overcome it. Keep reading for some tips on growing a beard that will make you look (and feel) awesome!
Table of Contents
So, What is the Awkward Beard Phase?
The awkward beard phase is the period of time when your facial hair is growing in, but it’s not quite long or full enough to look good.
The beard may be patchy, thin, or just generally unruly. It can be a frustrating time for guys, but it’s important to remember that everyone goes through it.
How to Overcome the Awkward Beard Phase
There are a few things you can do to get through the awkward beard phase and come out the other side with a killer beard.
- Be patient. It takes time for a beard to grow in fully, so don’t expect it to happen overnight.
- Invest in a good beard oil or balm. These products can help to tame flyaway hairs and make your beard look more polished.
- Take care of your skin beneath the beard, too. Be sure to wash it regularly and exfoliate it once a week or so to prevent itchiness and flaking.
- Use Beard Style Products to your advantage. There are a number of styling products made specifically for beards, such as pomades, waxes, and even sprays.
- Ignore the haters. Not everyone is going to understand your decision to grow a beard. Some people may even try to tell you that it looks terrible. Just ignore them and keep doing your thing. You’ll be glad you did once you’ve reached beard nirvana
- Don’t look at your beard in the mirror too much. It’s easy to get caught up in how your beard looks, but try to resist the urge to stare at it in the mirror all day long.
- Don’t Compare You Beard to Others. Every beard is different, so don’t compare yours to someone else’s. Embrace the beard you have and the unique qualities that make it special.
How Long Does the Awkward Beard Phase Last?
The awkward beard phase can last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Everyone’s facial hair grows at different rates, so it’s impossible to say for sure.
Just remember that if you keep at it, you’ll eventually get through it and end up with an amazing beard.
When Should I Trim My Beard During the Awkward Beard Phase?
You don’t necessarily need to trim your beard during the awkward beard phase, but if you want to, that’s fine.
Trimming can help to make your beard look neater and more polished, which can be a boost of confidence during this otherwise difficult time.
Just be sure not to go too crazy with the trimmers. It’s best to give it at least 60 days before doing any major trimming or shaping.
Where Can I Get Help Growing My Beard?
If you’re having trouble growing a beard, or if you just want some tips and advice, there are a few resources you can turn to.
One is your barber or hairstyle. They may be able to give you some advice on how to style your beard or what products to use.
Another great resource is the internet. There are a number of websites and forums dedicated to helping guys grow great beards.
Finally, don’t forget about your friends and family. Chances are, someone you know has been through the awkward beard phase before. They may be able to offer some helpful advice.
When should I Give Up on my Beard?
If you’ve been through the awkward beard phase and you’re still not happy with your facial hair, it’s OK to throw in the towel and shave it off.
Not everyone is meant to have a beard, and that’s OK. The important thing is that you gave it a shot. Maybe one day you’ll try again and have better results.
The awkward beard phase is definitely not a fun time, but it’s important to remember that it’s only temporary.
If you can make it through, you’ll be rewarded with a killer beard that will make all the effort worth it. Just hang in there and keep your chin up.
What are some of your tips for getting through the awkward beard phase? Let us know in the comments below!