If you are looking for a new vacuum hair clipper, there are a few things you need to consider before making your purchase. In this comprehensive buyer’s guide, we will walk you through the key factors you need to take into account when choosing a clipper.
So whether you’re a professional barber or just looking for a home vacuum clipper, we have you covered.
Table of Contents
What is a Vaccum Hair Clipper?
A vacuum hair clipper is a type of hair clipper that uses a vacuum to suck up the trimmed hair as it cuts.
This prevents the hair from becoming tangled in the blades and makes for a much easier cleanup.
Vacuum hair clippers are available in both professional and home models, and range in price from around $50 to several hundred dollars.
How to Choose the Right Vaccum Hair Clipper
When choosing a vacuum hair clipper, there are several things you need to consider in order to find the best one for your needs. Here are the most important factors to keep in mind:
- Power –The first thing you need to consider is the power of the clipper. Professional models will typically have more powerful motors than home models, which means they can cut through thicker hair more easily.
- Vacuum System – The next thing you need to look at is the vacuum system. The vacuum system is what allows the clipper to suck up the trimmed hair, so it’s an important factor to consider. There are two main types of vacuum systems: internal and external. Internal vacuum systems are more powerful, but they can be more expensive and difficult to maintain. External vacuum systems are less powerful, but they’re cheaper and easier to maintain.
- Power Source – The next thing you need to consider is the power source. Most hair clippers will either be corded or cordless. Corded clippers are more powerful, but they’re also more expensive and require an electrical outlet. Cordless clippers are less powerful, but they’re cheaper and more convenient to use.
- Noise Level – The last thing you need to consider is the noise level. Some hair clippers are very loud, while others are much quieter. If you’re looking for a quiet clipper, make sure to check the noise level before making your purchase.
- Blade Type: The type of blade is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a clipper. There are three main types of blades: carbon steel, ceramic, and titanium. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, so you’ll need to decide which is best for you.
- Blade Size: The size of the blade also matters. You’ll want to choose a blade that is appropriate for the length of hair you plan on cutting. For example, if you are looking to cut very short hair, you’ll need a smaller blade.
- Motor: The motor is another important factor to consider. There are two types of motors: AC and DC. AC motors are more powerful and can run for longer periods of time, but they are also more expensive. DC motors are less powerful but are cheaper and lighter.
- Price: Of course, price is always a factor to consider when making any purchase. Vaccum hair clippers range in price from around $50 to several hundred dollars. It’s important to find a clipper that fits your budget and needs.
- Vacuum Power: Not all vacuum hair clippers are created equal. Some clippers have more powerful vacuums than others. If you are looking for a clipper that can quickly and easily suck up all the trimmed hair, you’ll want to choose one with a powerful vacuum.
- Warranty: Finally, it’s always important to check the warranty before making any purchase. Most vacuum hair clippers come with a warranty of at least one year.
- Ease of Use: Another important consideration is how easy the clipper is to use. Some clippers are more complicated than others and may require a bit of practice to get the hang of them. You’ll want to choose a clipper that is easy to operate so you can get the best results with minimal effort.
- Attachment Combs: Many vacuum hair clippers come with attachment combs that allow you to cut different lengths of hair. If you are looking for a versatile clipper, choose one that comes with a variety of attachment combs.
What to Avoid When Choosing a Vaccum Hair Clipper
There are also a few things to avoid when choosing a vacuum hair clipper. Here are some of the biggest no-nos:
- Avoid Clippers With Plastic Blades: Plastic blades are not as sharp as metal blades and can quickly become dull. Avoid clippers with plastic blades if you want the best results.
- Don’t Be fooled by the “Heavy-duty” Claim: Just because a clipper is advertised as being “heavy-duty” doesn’t mean it’s the best choice for you. Some of these clippers are actually quite flimsy and won’t stand up to extended use. Do your research before making any purchase.
- Don’t Overlook the Warranty: Always make sure to check the warranty before making any purchase. Most vacuum hair clippers come with a warranty of at least one year.
How to Clean Your Vaccum Hair Clipper
Once you’ve found the perfect vacuum hair clipper, it’s important to keep it clean and well-maintained. Here are some tips for cleaning your clipper:
- Remove the Blades: The first step is to remove the blades from the clipper. This can usually be done by unscrewing a few screws.
- Clean the Blades: Next, use a brush or toothbrush to clean off all the hair and debris from the blades. Be sure to get in between the blades for the best results.
- Wipe Down the Body: Once the blades are clean, wipe down the body of the clipper with a damp cloth.
- Reassemble the Clipper: Finally, reassemble the clipper and enjoy your clean and well-maintained hair cutting machine!
- Clean the Vaccum Compartment: If the vacuum compartment becomes dirty, use a brush or broom to clean it out. Be sure to remove all the hair and debris from the compartment.
For an in-depth guide on how to clean your clipper, check out our blog post – Click Here.
Q. How do I know if a clipper has a powerful vacuum?
A. Check the specs before making a purchase. The clipper should have at least 15 watts of power to ensure a strong vacuum.
Q. Can I use my vacuum hair clipper on wet hair?
A. Some clippers are designed for both wet and dry use, while others are only meant for dry use. Be sure to check the specs before making a purchase.
Q. How often should I clean my vacuum hair clipper?
A. Clean your clipper after every use for best results. Hair and debris can quickly build up and cause the blades to become dull faster.
Q. What is the best way to store my vacuum hair clipper?
A. Store your clipper in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. Be sure to keep the blades covered when not in use.
Q. Do all vacuum hair clippers come with a warranty?
A. Most clippers come with a warranty of at least one year. However, it’s always important to check the warranty before making any purchase.